2018 Fees for New Members
For Full members, the initiation fee is $540.75 plus HST. You may choose to pay it over two years, in installments of $270.38 plus HST. Other membership types do not require an initiation fee.
|Membership Type||Abbr.||Membership Fee||Initiation Fee||BAB Fee||Total Fee||HST (13%)||Total Owing|
|Full including entire initiation fee||F||$865.20||$540.75||–||$1405.95||$182.77||$1588.72|
|Full with 1st initiation fee instalment||F||$865.20||$270.38||–||$1135.58||$147.63||$1283.21|
|Full with mooring in another harbour other than Oakville Harbour, and entire initiation fee||FOH||$432.60||$540.75||–||$973.35||$126.54||$1099.89|
|Full mooring in another harbour other than Oakville Harbour, and 1st initiation fee instalment||FOH||$432.60||$270.38||–||$702.98||$91.39||$794.37|
|Full + Borrow-A-Boat program & entire initiation fee||FBAB||$865.20||$540.75||$360.50||$1766.45||$229.64||$1996.09|
|Full + Borrow-A-Boat Program & 1st initiation fee instalment||FBAB||$865.20||$270.38||$360.50||$1496.08||$194.49||$1690.57|
|Associate + Borrow-A-Boat Program||ABAB||$298.70||–||$360.50||$659.20||$85.70||$744.90|
- OYS membership fees include the whole family (including children under 18 years of age) except Crew, Junior and Small Craft memberships which are for the individual only.
- Full (including FBAB) and Intermediate memberships accrue one seniority point per year. FOH memberships accrue one-half seniority point per year. Full, FBAB, FOH and Intermediate memberships are entitled to vote and to all privileges of the club, including racing, social and cruising programs.
- An Intermediate Membership is valid up to age 29. At age 30 as of May 1st of the membership year, the member must convert to a Full membership to retain the accrued seniority points.
- A Crew Membership is for an individual who is part of the regular crew on the boat of a Full or Intermediate Member.
- A Junior member is between the ages of 9-21 (or up to 24 if enrolled in a full-time course of study). Junior memberships are not entitled to vote. A Junior membership accrues one-half seniority point per year to a maximum of 3 points. At age 22 as of May 1st of the membership year (or 25), a Junior membership must convert to a Full or Intermediate membership to retain the accrued seniority points.
- A Small Craft membership is for an individual who wishes to apply for a Dry Berth for a non-ballasted sailboat (dinghy), or a self-propelled craft such as a paddleboard or kayak. Small Craft memberships do not accrue seniority points and are not entitled to vote.
Download a 2018 OYS Membership Application Form in PDF format.
Click here to check the 2018 Membership Renewal Fees.
Payments for membership can be made via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org