2017 Fees for New Members
For Full members, the initiation fee is $525 plus HST. You may choose to pay it over two years, in installments of $262.50 plus HST. Other membership types do not require an initiation fee.
|Membership Type||Abbr.||Membership Fee||Initiation Fee||BAB Fee||Total Fee||HST (13%)||Total Owing|
|Full including entire initiation fee||F||$840.00||$525.00||–||$1365.00||$177.45||$1542.45|
|Full with 1st initiation fee instalment||F||$840.00||$262.50||–||$1102.50||$143.33||$1245.83|
|Full with mooring in another harbour other than Oakville Harbour, and entire initiation fee||FOH||$420.00||$525.00||–||$945.00||$122.85||$1067.85|
|Full mooring in another harbour other than Oakville Harbour, and 1st initiation fee instalment||FOH||$420.00||$262.50||–||$682.50||$88.73||$771.23|
|Full + Borrow-A-Boat program & entire initiation fee||FBAB||$840.00||$525.00||$350.00||$1715.00||$222.95||$1937.95|
|Full + Borrow-A-Boat Program & 1st initiation fee instalment||FBAB||$420.00||$262.50||$350.00||$1452.50||$188.83||$1641.33|
|Associate + Borrow-A-Boat Program||ABAB||$290.00||–||$350.00||$640.00||$83.20||$723.20|
- OYS membership fees include the whole family (including children under 18 years of age) except Crew, Junior and Small Craft memberships which are for the individual only.
- Full (including FBAB) and Intermediate memberships accrue one seniority point per year. FOH memberships accrue one-half seniority point per year. Full, FBAB, FOH and Intermediate memberships are entitled to vote and to all privileges of the club, including racing, social and cruising programs.
- An Intermediate Membership is valid up to age 29. At age 30 as of May 1st of the membership year, the member must convert to a Full membership to retain the accrued seniority points.
- A Crew Membership is for an individual who is part of the regular crew on the boat of a Full or Intermediate Member.
- A Junior member is between the ages of 9-21 (or up to 24 if enrolled in a full-time course of study). Junior memberships are not entitled to vote. A Junior membership accrues one-half seniority point per year to a maximum of 3 points. At age 22 as of May 1st of the membership year (or 25), a Junior membership must convert to a Full or Intermediate membership to retain the accrued seniority points.
- A Small Craft membership is for an individual who wishes to apply for a Dry Berth for a non-ballasted sailboat (dinghy), or a self-propelled craft such as a paddleboard or kayak. Small Craft memberships do not accrue seniority points and are not entitled to vote.
Download a 2017 OYS Membership Application Form in PDF format.
Click here to check the 2017 Membership Renewal Fees.
Payments for membership can be made via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org